[ale] hdparm fails setting DMA

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 16 20:11:04 EDT 2006

You look at the motherboard spec online.  That will usually get you the basic chipset info.  Double checking with lspci like JD says is a good idea.  One of the live distro's like MEPIS or Knoppix will usually tell you via hardware detection what you have as well.  Just look at the dmesg output while or after you boot.
Dow