[ale] rsync error

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Jul 16 07:12:43 EDT 2006

On Sat July 15 2006 11:52 pm, Benjie wrote:
> Yes. ?Its an archive file. ?You can do "tar cvf
> /windows/E/name_of_archive.tar /home" and that will create a file
> called name_of_archive.tar that contains all of /home under
> /windows/E.
yeah, I get it. I used to do cpio stuff on UNIX boxes, but I'm not
familiar with tar, other than letting konq un-tar it..
my options seem to be either move everything out of that partition and
reformat it to ext? so rsync works, or tar up the folder..

thanks !
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800