[ale] [Slightly OT] Weird request...

fd0man™—The Magical Floppy Man fd0man at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 01:44:20 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 01:34 -0400, Vikram Nanda wrote:

> http://www.lifehacker.com/software/windows/verify-that-your-virus-scanner-is-working-183733.php

Yep, I have tested with that now already, as well as a couple of other
test "viruses" that exist?EICAR has been around for a very long time.
What I am looking to see is how comprehensive the coverage provided by
my software is (I don't know of any AV that doesn't detect EICAR, since
EICAR has been around for ages.  I used to use it to make sure that
users knew what their "Virus detected" screens looked like, and actually
still do.  :)  EICAR is perfect for me testing the messages that the
server sends when I customize them and the like; I am just looking for
something more comprehensive.

    ? Mike

--
The fd0man??The Magical Floppy Man! (fd0man at gmail.com)
?One world, one web, one program?  ?Microsoft promotional ad