[ale] HOW2 allocate download time from WWW among server&clientson local LAN ?

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 7 08:44:30 EDT 2006

Chris has the right idea of using QoS, so I would think there is a quality of service setup that would limit bandwidth on a router or bridge based on IP.  So you could put a router between the server and clients to manage bandwidth.  Thinking about this a little more makes me think that you should be able to run the script directly on the server like Chris suggests.  Your scenario is a local server on a local LAN serving web pages to local clients on the same LAN?  You want guaranteed bandwidth to each client and whatever is left is what the server can use for it's own downloads?  Your not serving clients outside of the LAN?
Dow