[ale] [OT] Mac hardware maintenance

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Thu Jul 6 17:54:54 EDT 2006

try http://www.repairyourmac.com/

________________________________

From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of Van
To: ale at ale.org
Loggins
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:04 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Cc: jknapka at kneuro.net
Subject: Re: [ale] [OT] Mac hardware maintenance

from what I've read some of the Emacs tend to develop problems with
bulging and/or ouzing capacitors on the electronics inside the unit.
Since you are out of warranty and if you are comfortable with taking it
apart you should be able to fine a tear-down guide for your emac on the
internet. This way you can verify if it's something like this before you
pay the Apple Techs to take a look at it. Another issue I've seen a lot
of complaints about is problems with the video analog boards, but since
yours is freezing up I don't know if this is applicable. If it was
having visual anomalies like the screen dimming down, artifacting,etc.
then maybe but otherwise kinda unlikely.

Just a thought, good luck with getting it working again. Apple makes
some nice systems, I've been lusting after one of the new Intel Dual
Core Mac Mini systems.

		Message: 3