[ale] Software RAID1 rebuild after HDD failure (How to do?)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jul 3 10:48:49 EDT 2006

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Mine is a batch file that I use with grub to restore the system.  I have
> restore CDs that can take the system back to FC2 + our software in 10
> minutes.

Chris' solution will permit you to build the grub install however you
like, thus, configure on the fly.  Mine will use your existing grub
config, thus, you will want to be sure that what's in it makes sense
when attempting to boot from that drive in the future.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin