[ale] laptop battery life [maybe OT]

joh6nn joh6nn at hotpop.com
Sun Jul 2 20:00:21 EDT 2006

On Sunday, Jul. 02 2006 10:55 pm, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> How old is the battery?  What is your usage of the battery?  Batteries
> will go bad.  I have a ZE1250 that I bought in 2003 and I'm on my 3rd
> one.  What I did was buy the PSP from BB and then went in every time I
> saw this problem and got a new battery.  That fixed my problems :)

i'm not sure how old the battery is; i got the laptop second hand.  it's
definitely a few years old.  this problem has been present since i got the
laptop, so except for a very few times, i haven't used the battery hardly at
all.  for the moment, it's sitting on a corner of my desk, and i just keep
the laptop plugged in and use it like a desktop.  what the usage on the
battery was like before i got it, i don't know.

you've had this particular problem before?  where the battery holds its charge
and works fine, but the device reports it as nearly empty?  i've had plenty
of dealings with batteries that eventually stopped charging, but i've never
had this problem before.