[ale] XGL

Tejus Parikh tejus at vijedi.net
Sun Jul 2 14:26:50 EDT 2006

I just got around to installing the new XGL stuff on my laptop and all
I can say is wow! I just love the way the windows wobble when you move
them around and all the neat shadows and fade-in effects.  It's
especially fun to try and resize an maximized window.

It's not all eye candy either.  The live expose like plugin and the
task switcher really do help in finding the window I'm looking for.
They also make it a lot easier to have more than one application
running on a virtual desktop.

Pretty much everyone else I've shown it too as been equally blown
away, even prompting one MS-leaning guy at the office to say "Dude,
that's something that'd make me use linux at home." (However, another
guy did feel like the cube would make him motion sick).

I hadn't seen much talk about this yet on the list and I'd just
thought I'd share :)