[ale] Tablet PC and Linux

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jan 27 11:56:03 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 09:57:15AM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Christopher Fowler wrote:
> > Anyone been able to get something like this working with Linux?
>
> I hate to say it, but Emperor Linux has a tablet PC with Linux
> preloaded. :)  It's a bit more then what you've shown as it's got a full
> keyboard with a 180 degree rotating screen.
>
> http://www.emperorlinux.com/mfgr/ibm/raven/
>
> Or are you focused on a kiosk solution?

That is what I liked about the example.  A Kiosk type device.
One idea is to write software that runs in Linux on that device.
The tablet will be totally closed in terms of the user being
able to access the OS.  No hands in the system, no support calls.
It would become more of a specific device instead of a PC running
Linux with some of our software.