[ale] Averatec

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 24 19:51:24 EST 2006

Klepinger, Aaron wrote:
> We have a bunch of Dell servers and have very few problems, especially
> compared to the newer HP servers.

Jump on the postgresql lists and see what people think of Dell servers.
  Grant it, I don't have any personal experiences with them, but I would
never purchase one because of the issues I've seen there.

> Dell Latitude laptops I have supported have been pretty reliable.  Their
> Inspiron line I have seen a lot of problems with (broken monitor hinges,
> keys breaking off keyboards, etc., even when almost brand new).

I've been through two high end Dell laptops, both had all kinds of
problems.  It's been years ago, but once stung...

I will say that Consumer Reports placed both Dell laptops and desktops
at the top of their, although I'm confounded by that fact.
--
Until later, Geoffrey