[ale] Scanners

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jan 24 14:23:56 EST 2006

Load up your fav distro onto a laptop with a good USB port and head out
to the parts store to play with the demo models. As long as SANE sees it
you're golden. Make sure SANE is current and the USB stuff in the kernal
is all loaded up.

BTW, I have an Epson Perfection 2400 Photo that worked perfectly out of
the box with SANE.