[ale] OT: Video Motion Sensor

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 22:26:51 EST 2006

Using video, you could conceivably create an algorithm that would
estimate speed, bearing, and collision likelihood of an oncoming car,
but you'd be working at the edge of the state of the art
programming-wise and I think you'd still be fairly inaccurate (try
detecting both a motorcycle and a car with the same method).  You'd be
far, far better off with a radar or lidar rig.