[ale] seg fault/core dumps re:Mozilla

William Witt william at witt-family.net
Sun Jan 15 11:36:16 EST 2006

If I did, I can't remember.  You may want to try renaming then copying
files over one at a time (assuming renaming it fixed the seg fault
problem).  Worst case sinario is that you restore from the renamed
.mozilla.  For me Firefox shut down every time the print dialog would
have come up.

Another option would be to upgrade to Firefox (1.5 is what I'm running)
and Thunderbird.  I think I remember Thunderbird's first run wizard
having the option to import data from other mail readers.

Will

Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Thank you Will.
>
> I tried that but [thanks to you remembered to rename it first] I lost my
> plugins and email, etc.....so....restored the old .mozilla.
>
> Ever figure out what was ailing the old .mozilla ?
>
> Courtney
>

> William Witt wrote:
>
>> I had a similar problem with firefox some time ago (firefox died every
>> time I tried to print).  I noticed that it only did it when I logged on,
>> but not my wife.  It ended up being a problem in the ~/.mozilla
>> directory.  Deleting the directory and allowing frefox to create it
>> again fixed it for me, but you may just want to rename it first.
>>
>> Will
>>
>> Courtney Thomas wrote:
>>

>>> All of a sudden, using Mozilla 1.7.7 for browsing, email & newsgroups,
>>> I'm getting core dumps w/seg faults, noticeably when I attempt to print
>>> but also on other occasions.
>>>
>>> I've tested RAM w/Memtest86 for several full iterations and all is
>>> reported OK.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions ?
>>>
>>> Appreciatively,
>>> Courtney