[ale] OT: Pranks are out

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jan 6 18:07:08 EST 2006

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/01/06/2140227.shtml?tid=123&tid=95

I can't believe they busted him for that.  Years ago I did the following
to the staff that worked in the print room of my school.

for(x=0; x <= 100; x++) {
 open PRINTER, "LPT1:";
 print PRINTER "\014";
 close PRINTER;
}

I wrote my original loop in basic.

I did have a teacher I did not like.  I found out the printer in her
office and executed this loop:

open PRINTER, "LPT1:";
for(x=0; x <= 100; x++) {
  print PRINTER "\014";
}
close PRINTER;

100 pages came shooting out of the printer.

The first loop was written because if I send one print job with 100 form
feeds to the printer then the print staff could easily delete that job.
They could never delete 100 print jobs with one FF.  They usually came
out of the room screaming. I can still picture it in my head.

Maybe you guys can share a prank or two that you pulled off in the past.