[ale] anyone running Octave ?

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Tue Jan 3 10:41:44 EST 2006

Courtney -

I installed Octave 2.1.57 from 'rpm's on a FC3 box. The only bump in my
installation was that Octave expects to have a 'lightweight' version of
LAPACK available (and the industrial-strength model too, IIRC) and I had
a couple of runs to get those dependencies sorted out. I ran a few tests
with no problems, but haven't put it to more use.

The reason [I didn't use it] is that I was porting a MATLAB model and
used Scilab instead. Depending on what you're doing, you may want to
look into Scilab and its 'Scicos' tool (www.scilab.org).

 - Mills