[ale] Internet access under Linux

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Aug 31 09:47:49 EDT 2006

#1.  Tech support not here or sucks
#2.  Tech support only supports Windoze
#3.  They block port 25 now.  What is next?
#4.  ???

You know who I detest?  I detest Clark Howard.  CH promotes this
mentality that you should look for the lowest priced product and screw
that value adds.  I pay more for my SF account then you pay for BS.  I
feel like the added amount I pay is a good value.   I work from home.
When the DSL goes down I don't care whose problem it is.  I want to talk
to someone immediately about the problem.  With SF I can and I've even
had them call me back on my cell when the problem was fixed.  With SF I
can find out exactly what the problem is and where it is.

I want a connection to the Internet that has decent speed and is not
being blocked.  I do not want someone that will catagorize me as a dumb
user running Windoze that could be infected with all types of malware.
I'm not the type of customer that BS targets or wants.  I'm too smart.

Right now I have a company site and email on earthlink.net.  Why?
Because they charge < $10 per month.  This was not my decision.  The
email has been flaky for 3 days.  On 8/25 they told me they were having
"latency" issues with their servers.  Yesterday 08/30 they stated they
were still having issues.  WHY would you have issues for 5 days straight
and not be able to fix them?  There may be ppl on this list that work
for them but I am starting to hate their service.  Every since
mindspring was bought by earthlink and dot-com blew up its been downhill
from there.  My guess is that they are broke so they can't really invest
in what they need to provide the level of service they are selling.
They don't have the technology or equipment to fix their problems at
this time.