[ale] DSL -> Cable

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri Aug 25 16:37:04 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 14:36 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> I won't be watching the Rose Bowl period :)
>
> If I'm not mistaken they have to offer the local channel only package.
> They don't have to list it, but they have to give it to you if you ask
> for it. That certainly doesn't stop them from continually calling and
> trying to sell you the regular basic package, though.
>
> On 8/25/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
> > Not directly, but I'm surprised that they haven't bumped you into basic
> > digital. They don't even have a basic analog only package listed
> > anymore. Also the analog channels will be cut off by 12/31/06 and unless
> > you have a digital tuner (QAM256 capable) you won't be watching the Rose
> > Bowl on 1/1/07. At least that's the propaganda that I've been given by
> > Charter. Supposedly that's part of all the recent changes.
> > --
> > Scott Castaline aka Bad2theBone

I do believe that OTA signals must be digital by end of Feb 2007 and
Charter planned to do their final conversion by 12 31 2006. Supposedly
someone is supposed to be making Digtal to Analog boxes for OTA and of
course the standard Digital box for cable.
--
Scott Castaline aka Bad2theBone

Hey! I was born crazy, what's your excuse?