[ale] From DSL to Fiber

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 23 23:02:27 EDT 2006

I doubt he truly has fiber all the way to the house.  More likely there is
fiber to an underground ped and 5-pair copper coming out of an above ground
ped to the house box.  This is how it is done in my neighborhood anyway.

I ran my own Cat5e from the house box to the closet where my router lives.
The tech just connected everything at both ends and all was well.

And, yes, you are stuck at 1.5MB when using IFITL and there is no time frame
for an upgrade (I've asked SEVERAL times).  If it wasn't such a pain in the
butt I'd have switched to cable for 6MB long ago.  I do love the fact there
is no modem to deal with when using IFITL though...

-Ryan