[ale] Cheap hosting with both shell and admin panel

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sun Aug 20 20:25:08 EDT 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 06:32 pm, A LeDonne wrote:
> On 8/17/06, William Bagwell <rb211 at tds.net> wrote:
> > Don't actually have it yet, he is waiting for me to get my ducks in a
> > row. One part is a script that runs from cron.
> >snip

> I can confirm that ASmallOrange allows cron jobs (can be administered
> either through cPanel or the command line). Also, the forums indicate
> that they are willing to open port 119 outbound on their systems,
> again just for the asking.

Don't think I will need 119 outbound, only inbound. But will keep this in
mind for future plans:)

DigitalSpace.net: Charges extra for "Crontab/Scheduler Access" so $3 per
month (yearly) becomes $8. Back burner for now.

amscomputer.com: $6 per month and seems to have every thing. In the
running.

a2hosting.com: Charges extra for a bunch of stuff, not sure yet what all I
will need... Back burner.

cyberwurx.com: (Private reply) All unmanaged "Legacy" plans are old out!
Cheapest managed plan might work.

asmallorange.com: The $25 per year probably would work for my immediate
needs, but sure is *tiny* as its name implies. The $5 per month looks
good and should give me a bit of room to play with other things.

> Good luck!

Thanks to all who replied! Even the most expensive of these is a much
better deal than what I had previously found.
--
William