[ale] OT-IDE hardware question

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 12:12:59 EDT 2006

All,

I have a 250GB IDE drive (PATA) that I just broke off pin 1 from the
connector.  i.e the top right pin when holding the drive so the power
cable is to the far right.

Turns out pin 1 is the reset pin.

Does anyone know if that pin is even used?  Or what the repercusions
would be of using the drive. My immediate need is to clone a 140GB
drive to it and do some partition table repair, then copy the repaired
data back off.  I would then be satisfied to just put the drive on the
shelf as a backup for a year or two.

FYI: This drive currently has nothing on it.  The last time it had
power on it, we happened to have wiped it to all nulls.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group