[ale] spam

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Aug 12 10:56:01 EDT 2006

On Sat August 12 2006 10:45 am, Jason Day wrote:
> That *is* a pain. ?Fortunately, there is not only a *much* easier
> way, but two :) ?First, you can just forward the entire message *as
> an attachment* to your spamcop submit address. ?Actually, this is
> preferrable to sending only the headers, because spamcop will do
> extra parsing on the email body and resolve any links found there,
> generating complaints to the appropriate people.
as attachment, "F" nice.. I'll try that next time. I've gotten a few
messages that spamcop said it couldn't send because of the headers
being incomplete..

> Second, spamassassin v3 will report mail to spamcop, in addition to
> vipul's razor and others, when you report a spam message
> (spamassassin -r). ?You just need to set the spamcop_from_address
> and
> spamcop_to_address in your ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.
rpm -qa|grep spam
perl-spamassassin-3.1.3-3.1
spamassassin-3.1.3-3.1

so I should be able to set that in my prefs.... gotta go to the State
botanical gardens right now, but I'll check that ouit when I get back
home.. thanks!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800