[ale] OT: Oracle Monitoring Tools

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 11:02:48 EDT 2006

"license for the monitoring package of EM is a bit steep"

it's also a steaming piece of poo - no self respecting DBA uses it.  there
is NO substitute for knowing your data dictionary, v$ views, etc.

I've written my own stuff with PERL (/DBI), etc.

if you want something "canned" I'm pretty sure Big Brother has some Oracle
plugins but I don't know how robust they are though it's pretty easy to
write your own modules and hook them in.