[ale] new to linux, question about partitioning

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 16:30:05 EDT 2006

Partition now. I'm not sure what types of partitions parted can
resize, but I wouldn't trust my data with it. If you are going to try
other distributions then you want a root partition, a home partition,
and a swap partition. There isn't much reason for a boot partition on
a home machine. The root partition should be about 10 to 20GB; you
will probably never use that much space on root, but it doesn't hurt
to have it just in case. Let your home partition be the rest of the
drive (minus the swap).