[ale] Ouch damnit

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:43:27 EDT 2006

Having dealt with MoinMoin, Mediawiki, and DokuWiki, Ive seen all kinds of
spam , in all kinds of variety.

Mediawiki has an extension for what it calls "bad behavior", but it works
very limitedly. Having a sizeable mediawiki install running for Ubuntu docs
(http://doc.gwos.org) I get spammed on it all the time. Goes and comes in
waves.

MoinMoin has an approval process that runs smoothly, but can be cumbersome
from my experience (cant say for others).

Dokuwiki is similar in this aspect, and like Moin, depends on txt files
rather than a database.

I cant speak for Twiki , havent dealt with it much.

On 8/3/06, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Porn spammers have discovered the ALE wiki. I just spent 20 minutes
> manually deleting about fifteen pornographic web page attachments from the
> ALE WebHome page.
>
> To deal with this I may have to implement an approval process for wiki
> posts. I'm also looking on TWiki.org (http://twiki.org) for a less
> draconian solution.
>
> Y'all have any other thoughts?
>
> -- CHHS

KingBahamut
http://doc.gwos.org - Definitive Ubuntu Documentation
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."