[ale] cpuinfo data

Barlow, Jim D jim.d.barlow at intel.com
Wed Aug 2 20:02:02 EDT 2006

James

The Intel case is very interesting.

My internal documents don't show any 2.6GHz Xeons since before Intel64
Extensions (back then called EM64T)   That prior generation did not
support Demand Based Switching (Speed Step for servers), nor is 2.6 ->
1.6 a valid speed shift in any case...

Can you get the CPUID string of the processor?   This is reported by
cpuinfo as [model name], and is a separate field from [cpu MHz], [model
name] reports the frequency as a text string from the CPUID.

If the box is not a production box, and can be rebooted, it would be
interesting to see what a live CD boot reported.

- Jim