[ale] linux cmd line only performance test

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Aug 1 09:58:47 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 23:01 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> I need a way to test the performance (disk,cpu,mem,etc) of a few new
> boxes.  These are dual-core AMD CPUs, with SATA drives.   Any info on a
> good app is much appreciated.  I just want to give them a good going
> over before moving them into production.
>
> Thx,
>
> -Jim P.

Try googling for GRML. I'm not sure which distro it is based on but it's
main purpose in life is a hardware diag tool that is self bootable.
Haven't had time to thoroughly check it out but may help with what you
are trying to do.

--
Scott Castaline aka Bad2theBone

Hey! I was born crazy, what's your excuse?