[ale] Never mind my last message. Stupid me... Now looking for an app.

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 11:01:03 EDT 2005

Gee, I hope not.  Those apps result in a non-portable, unsupportable
mess.  The simple fact is, it's *still* CD-burning but it's putting an
application layer between the CD contents and you, the user.

What's really happening under the hood is that it's written autorun info
and multiple data tracks to the drive without fixating.  If you "delete"
from this magic "disk drive," the files never really go away; their
presence is simply marked as null somehow and a new track is started
when you write.  So, it's possible to run one of these "fake disk
drives" out of space even when, through the utility, there aren't any
files visible.

As far as I know, the CDs so created and the apps that create them are
not interchangeable, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Jim Kinney and I both know of a place where that crap got used,
with tragic results.

Jeff