[ale] capturing windows com port output

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:17:30 EDT 2005

On 9/26/05, Philip Polstra <ppolstra at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my Verizon PC5740 Internet card working under linux.  So
> far it keeps hanging up on me.  I'm wondering if I'm not sending the right
> strings to the modem.  Is there a way to capture what is being sent to the
> modem under Windoze?  It works great using their included utility under
> Windoze.

I doubt if you find this helpful, but I have used "serialtest spy"
from FrontLine to monitor PPP (or was is SLIP?) connections.  It has
been a while, but I think I saw every byte in/out of the com port.

The trouble is the cost.  Seems like is was $500 or so.

http://www.fte.com/spy01.asp

Maybe they have a demo version you can download??

Anyway, what you are asking for is out there (if that makes you feel
any better.)

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer