[ale] WiFi PC Card Market

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Sep 26 11:04:27 EDT 2005

> shrinkwrapped box just what chipset a Wifi card has, much less whether
> or not it's Linux-usable.

You can buy almost anything.  - use: ndiswrapper

I'm using ndiswrapper with great results to a Linksys 54g adapter..
Why? Cause I needed a wireless card for a clunker laptop
and Circuit City had these on the shelf cheap.

I was suprised how well ndiswrapper worked with the .inf/,cat files which
should only work on 'Winders'. Although aircrack and such tools don't work
with it, NORMAL use is fantastic, full speed and great connection
strengths. Doing an 'ifconfig wlan0 promisc' works, and normal sniffers
such as sniffit, etherape, ethereal.. all work as well.

Your milage may vary, I'm using Centos 4.0 (Redhat ES4)
on a Sony PCGFX215 Laptop..