[ale] keyboard works in bios/grub but not after boot?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Sep 25 15:49:44 EDT 2005

H. A. Story said:
> Sounds like a driver problem.   Maybe,  AT keyboards are not in the
> kernel anymore? LOL  Seriously, Sounds like a hardware detection, got
> another Keyboard to try?  Since, I know you can't do a dmesg.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Strangely enough, it has started working
again.  I shutdown the machine, disconnected all external devices, power,
etc, let sit for five minutes, brought back up...same behavior. Removed
the existing kernel, installed another, brought it up, and keyboard worked
again.

I have no idea.

Thanks,
John