[ale] WiFi PC Card Market

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 15:23:26 EDT 2005

I'm needing to buy a PC Card Wifi adapter for my wife's laptop and I'm
not up on the Linux-supportedness of the makes and models one would find
in the typical Fry's, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.  I have a prism54
card for my own laptop that works fairly well, but it's not my
understanding that I can get the FooBar 65X3342 card and assume it has
the same chipset as the FooBar 65X3342 card from two years ago.

I also have that classic problem that you can't really tell from the
shrinkwrapped box just what chipset a Wifi card has, much less whether
or not it's Linux-usable.

Jeff