[ale] OT: NT/XP/2K/2K3 Disk Imaging

Marvin the Martian marvin.higginbottom at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 05:21:57 EDT 2005

Klepinger, Aaron wrote:

>There is a new product I just heard about, but have not tried, called
>Universal Imaging Utility that claims to solve this problem.

Perhaps using an image in conjunction with something like this:

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Which makes a functional "live CD" from winXP by running applications
from a "pre-install enviroment".   I'll bet just adding a few scripts to
detect hardware & install an image with the appropriate drivers would do
the trick.

It would have to be on a DVD, rather than a CD, most likely, though.