[ale] Senior Software Engineer

Keith Ledford keith-ale at ledfords.us
Thu Sep 22 10:24:34 EDT 2005

This person called me yesterday and asked me to pass on this info. If
you have any questions contact recruiting3 at scientificgames.com.

Job Title: Senior Software Engineer

Type: Permanent

Location: Alpharetta

Required Skills:

C++, Linux (RedHat, Fedora)

Experienced C++/Linux software developer.

The responsibilities of the position include support of existing
software installations and new software development. The candidate
must be able to demonstrate strong discipline in the full software
development lifecycle (not just coding), be able to deliver quality
software on time and within budget, and generally adopt and encourage
a professional approach to software support and development.

Requirements:

Four year degree in Computer Science.

3+ years experience of C++ in a Linux/Unix environment.

Must have thorough knowledge of:

OO techniques, multi-threading, message queueing, client-server,
Standard Template Library, design patterns, IP networking, Linux OS
configuration.

Any of Vax/VMS, Pascal, Horse Racing/tote/betting experience would be
an advantage, but are not required.

The candidate must be able and willing to travel domestically and
internationally (with valid papers) up to 20%. The candidate must also
be prepared to provide technical phone support outside of normal
office hours.

Interaction with other senior-level personnel will be required
including client-facing. The candidate must possess excellent verbal
and written communication skills, enjoy working in a fast-paced
team-oriented environment, and represent the company in a courteous
and professional manner at all times.

The resumes should go to
recruiting3 at scientificgames.com

--