[ale] Sync a Palm Tungsten T5 with Linux

John Trostel jtrostel at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 19 13:59:16 EDT 2005

It's the fault of udev on FC-4.  There is a _very_ short window in which
you need to start the pilot-xfer process after pressing the sync button
to get it to work without hanging under the latest kernels with fedora
Core.  I found the time to be 11 seconds after pressing the sync button
with one of my systems.  A little more or a little less and the sync
would be unsuccessful.

I'm waiting for things to 'get fixed' in udev and using my SD card for
most transfers at the moment.