[ale] the phantom kernel

H. A. Story adrin at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 17 11:11:34 EDT 2005

Sorry that was probably way off.    what are you using during boot.
Lilo or Grub?  I use lilo.  check the setting in there.  Mine is

image = /boot/vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hda1
  label = Linux
  read-only
image = /boot/vmlinuz.safe
        root = /dev/hda1
        label = LinuxSafe
        read-only
# Linux bootable partition config ends

You may still be point off to some other place. :)