[ale] the phantom kernel

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 17 10:22:42 EDT 2005

Last night, I installed Slackware 10.2 as an upgrade. Now whenever I
boot, I get the 2.6.7 kernel. The problem is that I don't have that
kernel installed. I have 2.6.13 installed. 2.6.7 was removed and
replaced back in July. I also have the 2.4.31 kernel that comes with
Slackware, but that isn't linked  to anything. I have rebuilt the 2.6.13
kernel and installed  vmlinuz in / and /boot. The same with System.map.
All of those files have a timestamp from this morning. I can't find
anything anywhere that still relates to 2.6.7. Yet whenever I reboot,
that's the kernel I have. This is driving me nuts.