[ale] Java + VNC

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:55:31 EDT 2005

On 9/14/05, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> see: http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-1999-07/msg00490.html
>
> Every year I get at least one email asking if I ever got an answer to
> the above. I haven't tried that recently, does anyone know if VNC still
> has issues w/ Java applets.

Last year I spent many hours running eclipse, a java IDE written in java
over VNC. It worked very well. I believe I ran idea, too, but I'm not sure
about that.

There was an issue that I had to use the latest VNC in Fedora. All the
official realVNC versions had a but that some programs like eclipse tended
to tickle. I don't know if the official version has incroporated the RedHat
fix, yet.

Michael