[ale] 128-bit encryption in Konqueror

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed Sep 14 09:19:33 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 05:52 am, zeb wrote:
| How can I install 128-bit encryption in Konqueror (or where can I find
| information on this subject)?

KDE Control Center > Security & Privacy > Crypto

The version of KDE I am using allows me to enable both SSLv2 and SSLv3
cryptography. SSLv2 allows the selection of DES-CBC3-MD5 (168 bit) and/or
IDEA-CBC-MD5 (128 bit).  SSLv3 apparently can handle up to 256 bit
encryption.

(As I really do not understand the the fine differences between encryption
schemes, I have kept the default, which is to select both versions of SSL
and all available cyphers.)

HTH

Sean