[ale] RAID card

J. Cary Howell chowell at xilogix.net
Tue Sep 13 18:13:55 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 14:53 -0400, Brandon Colbert wrote:
> What other RAID cards besides 3ware are support in Fedora Core 4 (RAID
> levels 1 or  5)?

Besides 3Ware you have:

Adaptec         http://www.adaptec.com

HighPoint       http://www.highpoint-tech.com

Promise         http://www.promise.com

There may be more, but these are the ones I've seen and I've directly
worked with both Promise and Adaptec solutions.  The "out of the box"
support of Promise started with Fedora Core 3, meaning you used to have
to boot the machine onto a non-raid drive, then install the raid
drivers, creating quite a cluster you-know-what.

--
J. Cary Howell
Xilogix LLC                                        Wats (877) XIL-OGIX