[ale] cheap network attached storage?

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Fri Sep 9 11:28:00 EDT 2005

We are looking at that as an option, but the machines in question don't have
USB 2.0 or firewire, and they're rack-mounted servers for our lab machines,
so getting a PCI card in there isn't easy or cheap either.

I found out that Ximeta makes "NetDisk" drives and they support RH Linux but
the support only mentions RH 9 and it looks like it's kind of a pain in the
neck. I'd really like something we can just plug into the network and go.

Our backups can be done any time, so that's no big deal, there's just no
really convenient way to do this except over the network now that our tape
drive gave up the ghost...