[ale] Colo NE Metro Atlanta?

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 6 19:39:28 EDT 2005

Here is the official announcement we received:

"ITC^DeltaCom, Inc., a leading provider of integrated communications
services to customers in the southeastern United States, today announced
that it has entered into an agreement with members of the Quality Group of
Companies (Quality) to sell ITC^DeltaCom's e^deltacom business, including
e^deltacom's data center facility in Suwanee, Georgia.

e^deltacom provides managed colocation, hosting, security, data storage,
monitoring and networking services and hardware solutions. Quality is a
full- service developer and provider of specialized commercial and
governmental facilities. Proceeds from the sale of e^deltacom totaling
approximately $25.8 million, before adjustments and transaction costs, will
be used by ITC^DeltaCom for general corporate purposes.

"The sale of e^deltacom represents a continuation of our strategy to focus
on our core competencies and to strengthen our balance sheet," said
ITC^DeltaCom CEO Randall E. Curran. "We look forward to partnering with
Quality as we establish a relationship that ensures that both companies
continue to provide outstanding service to their respective customers."

Under the terms of the transaction, ITC^DeltaCom will continue to provide
telecommunications services to e^deltacom and Quality. The sale is subject
to customary closing conditions, including consents of third parties, and is
expected to close by the end of the third quarter.

Miller Buckfire & Co., LLC acted as the Company's financial advisor on this
transaction.

ITC^DeltaCom, headquartered in West Point, Ga., provides, through its
operating subsidiaries, integrated telecommunications and technology
services to businesses and consumers in the southeastern United States.
ITC^DeltaCom has a fiber optic network spanning approximately 14,500 route
miles, including more than 10,900 route miles of owned fiber, and offers a
comprehensive suite of voice and data communications services, including
local, long distance, enhanced data, Internet, colocation and managed
services, and sells customer premise equipment to end-user customers. The
Company operates approximately 29 voice switches and 74 data switches, and
is one of the largest competitive telecommunications providers in its
primary eight-state region. ITC^DeltaCom has interconnection agreements with
BellSouth, Verizon, SBC, CenturyTel and Sprint for resale and access to
unbundled network elements and is a certified competitive local exchange
carrier (CLEC) in Arkansas, Texas, Virginia and all nine BellSouth states."

-Ryan

  _____