[ale] Sharing non-network-capable printer

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Sep 6 18:45:17 EDT 2005

Same for me.  Once the windows box actually hands off the data to the
Samba server it goes the max speed of the printer.  The longest part is
her windows laptop (P3-600) processing the large DoC type files she gets
from school.

Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):

> Randy C. Ramsdell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 17:32 -0400, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >
> >>Not sure about the MAC side of this but I use a Linux box running
> >>Cups/samba to share out my USP HP printer to my linux boxes and my
> >>wife's windows laptop.  (She has to use windows for school)...
> >>

> > We found the printing from this scenario absolutely too slow when
> > printing from windows systems to a Linux box /samba. I never found out
> > why this happened. This is why we switched to using a Linksys print
> > server. Have you noticed slow printing from a windows system?
>
> My wife prints from a windows box to my laser printer via samba, and it
> is quite fast.
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>

>  ** ACCEPT: CRM114 PASS Markovian Matcher **
> CLASSIFY succeeds; success probability: 1.0000  pR: 80.9161
> Best match to file #0 (nonspam.css) prob: 1.0000  pR: 80.9161
> Total features in input file: 6416
> #0 (nonspam.css): features: 11228229, hits: 47873111, prob: 1.00e+00, pR:  80.92
> #1 (spam.css): features: 4282996, hits: 86694742, prob: 1.21e-81, pR: -80.92

:wq!

DISCLAIMER:
      These are MY OPINIONS             "We can't solve problems by using
       ALONE.  I speak for                the same kind of thinking we used
       no-one else.                         when we created them."
                                          - Einstein