[ale] OFF TOPIC: Tulane student

Beckie Jones jonesrs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:28:42 EDT 2005

GA Tech has changed its mind.

http://www.gatech.edu/news-room/release.php?id=624

*For more information contact:*
David Terraso, Institute Communications and Public Affairs
Contact David Terraso<http://www.gatech.edu/help/contact-person.php?name=David.Terraso>
david.terraso at icpa.gatech.edu
404-385-2966
Tech Announces Hurricane Admissions Policy *Atlanta* (September 3, 2005) ?
Earlier this week, Georgia Tech students and staff volunteered their time
and facilities to help 275 students from Tulane University return home or
find temporary housing. In keeping with that spirit of cooperation, Tech is
opening its undergraduate and graduate admissions process to students from
universities that have been closed due to the hurricane and associated flood
waters.

All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis through Thursday,
September 8. Student applicants will need to present proof of enrollment at
a school in the areas affected by Hurricane Katrina. Admissions will be
granted for one semester only. Students who wish to continue their education
at Georgia Tech, will be able to apply at a later date through the regular
admissions process. Already, Georgia Tech has accepted eight students who
were qualified and needed a place to continue their education.

*Undergraduate applicants should contact Georgia Tech's Office of
Undergraduate Admission at 404-894-4154 or admission at gatech.edu. Graduate
applicants should contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 404-894-1610.
*

In accordance with the policy of the University System of Georgia, students
from the affected areas will be eligible to apply for a waiver of
out-of-state tuition or to have tuition and fees deferred, if they have
already paid tuition to their home institution, or received financial aid
from their home institution.