[ale] [OT]: Opinions: MP3/MPEG players?

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Mon Sep 5 12:19:36 EDT 2005

Well, I've owned three iPods (20GB, 40GB, 60GB Photo), and I can definitely
recommend the iPod. I use it strictly under Linux, so i can confirm it
definitely works with Linux just fine.

If you run Linux, I would absolutely NOT recommend the Creative Zen. The Zen
requires it's own driver to access the drive, instead of USB mass storage
drivers, so there's no way to use it under Linux, and you also can't use it
as a portable storage device.

If you're dead-set against the iPod, take a look at the iRiver, or possibly
the Cowon iAudio, they were my other choices before I picked the iPod.

-Jay