[ale] Website musings

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat Sep 3 08:40:30 EDT 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 12:36 pm, Michael Still wrote:
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.ale
>
> Slick service that has nntp and rss feeds of lists. ?I keep ale on rss
> using my bloglines web based client.

Thanks for the link! Never fooled with rss, but have been a news hound for
years. It is *so* nice to be able to sample over 7,000 lists without all
the hassles of subscribing / unsubscribing. Better yet, downloading just
the headers (even of archives) just like newsgroups. And the few I have
looked at all thread perfectly!

Too bad none of my non-techie lists are carried. You know the ones, lists
with 20% AOLers with no reference headers.... <sigh> Ale threads pretty
good so I will probably leave it as mail.
--
William