[ale] ssh stalls (OT - cygwin)

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Oct 21 11:21:00 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 11:08, David Corbin wrote:

> This now appears to be a problem with 'unflushed buffers' on stdout somewhere
> between ruby and cygwin ssh.  Are there any ssh parameters/configuration
> options that say "do not buffer output"?

I think it is more when a program is started and has an open descriptor
to the tty you are connected to.  This is what I see typically

local# ssh remote
remote# programd &
remote# exit

This is where it hangs.
To break this sometimes I can do '~.' and sometimes that fails.  I'm not
sure why ssh would refuse my command to disconnect via that command.
When this happens my last resort is to simply use the kill command to
kill my ssh client on the local box.