[ale] odd problem with SSHd.

tom sawyer tomsayer3135 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 08:25:08 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm having an odd problem with a linux system running
sshd.  There are times when a particular remote system
stops sending traffic back to me.  When I try ssh'ing
to it, it lets me put in a username/password but then
just sits there with a blinking cursor.  I can ping
the machine just fine.  The only way currently to fix
it is to have the client reboot the machine.  Does
anyone have any ideas on where to begin looking for
reasons?  I've looked at /var/log/messages and it
doesn't show anything for the time when this happens.
I've looked at /var/log/secure but it doesn't show
anything unless I close the connection without putting
in the password.

Thanks,
Tom