[ale] USB - RS232 Question

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 17:12:00 EDT 2005

Check to make sure the usb_serial (or is is usb-serial?) module gets
loaded.  You should be able to plug the device in and look at the bottom
of dmesg to see any errors as well as which tty it is attached to.  I've
used a few USB/Serial dongles and most of them are supported by recent
Linux distros.

-Jim P.