[ale] Seeking ways to getting around spyware on Windows

Alan Dobkin ALE at MaestroIT.com
Tue Oct 11 20:46:02 EDT 2005

On 10/11/2005 5:27 PM, joh6nn wrote:
> it's also good to keep in mind that using the regedt32 tool (not
> regedit, the other one), you can make registry keys read-only, which can
> be a great preventative measure.

FYI, regedt32 has not existed since Windows XP was released 4 years ago
(in 2001).  It is just a stub application that launches regedit, which
now has the security features built-in.

Also, I would strongly advise anyone who doesn't know exactly what
they're doing not to mess around with the registry like this.  There are
usually better (supported) ways of accomplishing the same thing with
less risk.

Alan