[ale] Syncing a pilot ot exchange?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 5 14:38:17 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 08:45:58AM -0400, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Ok, I have this setup.
>
> Garmin iQue Palm Pilot
> jPilot to sync pilot
> Linux Laptop
> Exchange Server with IMAP suppport
>

> Is it possible to sync my Pilot Calendar with the exchange calendar
> without too much trouble?  It would be handy but not something I care to
> spend 10 hours on.

Theoretically, you can use gnome-pilot + Evolution to sync your
calendars.  Personally, I've never had much luck with gnome-pilot.
Whenever I got it to work at all, it was slooooooow and prone to crash.

About 3 years ago, I started writing an iCalendar plugin for J-Pilot.  I
got as far as writing an import tool to import iCalendar VEVENTs into
J-Pilot, which turned out to be enough to "scratch my itch", so I
stopped working on it.  It works reasonably well for importing meeting
requests, but that's about it.  It's starting to "itch" again, so I plan
to add some more functionality to it soon.  If you want to give it a
try, the code is at http://jp-icalendar.sourceforge.net .

Oddly enough, I just posted a nearly identical message to the jpilot
mailing list.  Deja vu.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9